Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Three John's

The Lord has lead me to read John Calvin's Institutes. I will be reading some of it each day.
I have also been drawn to read Jonathan Edwards. The desire to read Edwards has come from several places mainly from Pastor Stephen and John Piper. My desire for John Owen has come from Derek Thomas. I have listened to Dr. Thomas's Faiths Foundations class at RTS and a class he taught at PRTS on John Owen.

I realize that if I happened to be 20 years old (which I'm not) I could easily spend the rest of my life studying God's word as well as the works by these men and yet not fully grasp all that they have taught.

I can say that one thing that draws me to these great men of God is their holiness and humility.

I will post a couple of book reviews in the next couple of days.
One for Young, Restless, Reformed by Collin Hansen and the other for Christless Christianity by Michael Horton.

Grace and Peace

No comments: