Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lordship Salvation

I read the original version of The Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArthur right after it came out in paperback (a number of years ago).

I bought the 20th Anniversary version as soon as it came out. I decided to start reading it this week.

As most of you know, over the past couple of years I have read all I could get my hands on, on topics of Reformed Theology and Puritan writings ( I still have plenty to read). :-)

They very idea that people believe that you can be a Christian without Jesus being Lord is quite frankly heresy! The Puritans that I have read would not even remotely entertain the thought of such a thing!!

They even have the audacity to claim that if we support Lordship Salvation we are pushing "Works" Salvation. From all my reading about the Doctrines of Grace that claim is virtually unsupportable!!

It is they who are teaching and supporting a man centered Gospel.

Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
Mt 7:13-14

1 comment:

Tom Gabbard said...

I have often wondered about presenting a Christ who can be Savior and not Lord. Can Christ be divided? Is not the Christ of scripture referred to as "Lord and Savior"?