Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Review of God's Greater Glory by Bruce Ware

The sub-title for the books is "The Exalted God of Scripture and the Christian Faith".

WOW!! Are my first thoughts about the book. I would agree with Dr Mohler and his assessment "belongs on the bookshelf of every pastor and Christian believer".

The book is about God's providence and sovereignty. If ever a book is needed in this day and age this would be it. It has some heavy things to say but Dr Ware explains things on a more normal level.

The books is divided into two parts. Part 1: Foundational Theological Bases for Divine Providence. Part 2: Practical Christian Relevance of Divine Providence. Please do not let the sound of these parts scare you away. It is very down to earth.

Reading this book has been very humbling as well as a devotional experience for me. There were many times were I had to put the book down and break out in prayer or praise. It has had a profound effect on me spiritually. This book has put the Sovereignty of God in concrete terms for me.

I will re-read this again. In fact reading it once a year might not be a bad idea.
So if you have not read this book yet then you need to run get a copy!

Grace and Peace!

No comments: