Saturday, November 29, 2008

In my Place Condemned He Stood Review


In my Place Condemned He Stood - Celebrating the Glory of the Atonement by J.I. Packer and Mark Dever

This book is about 140+ pages in length.

The contents of the books is as follows:

Preface: A Tract for the Times - J. I. Packer & Mark Dever
Introduction: Penal Substitution Revisited - J. I. Packer

1. The Heart of the Gospel - J. I. Packer
2. What did the Cross Achieve? The Logic of Penal Substitution - J. I. Packer
3. Nothing but the Blood - Mark Dever
4. Saved by His Precious Blood: An Introduction to John Owen's The Death of Death in the Death of Christ - J. I. Packer

Epilogue: Christ-Centered Means Cross-Centered - J. I. Packer & Mark Dever
Annotated Bibliography: Ligon Duncan

This is a good book. I must admit that I got bogged down in the second chapter for some reason.
The fourth chapter is worth the price of the whole book!!

The Annotated Bibliography is also excellent. I am looking forward to reading George Smeaton's two books on the Atonement!





No comments: