Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Review - The Prodigal God

I have just finished reading The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller.

Those who have read John MacArthur's book A Tale of Two Sons will enjoy this book.
The book is a small hardback consisting of seven chapters and is 133 pages long.

Pastor Keller is concerned with the differences and similarities between the attitudes of the Younger and Elder brothers.

The Elder brother has an attitude that can be associated with religion. "Religion operates on the principle of 'I obey - therefore I am accepted by God.' The basic principle of the gospel is 'I am accepted by God through the work of Jesus Christ - therefore I obey."

Pastor Keller says that the majority of problems in churches today are caused by "Elder brothers". The younger brothers leave the church because of the "Elder brother" attitudes.

I enjoyed reading this book very much.

No comments: