Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Top 6 Books


Here are 6 books that I have read that I believe would benefit everyone who would take the time to read them. (Besides the bible being the first book you should be reading!)

1. The Reason for God by Tim Keller (Everybody should have a copy)
2. God's Greater Glory by Bruce Ware (Excellent Theology here)
3. Christless Chrisitanity by Michael Horton
4. Living for God's Glory by Joel Beeke
5. John Calvin - A Heart for Devotion Doctrine & Doxology - Edited by Burt Parsons 
6. The Old Evangelicalism by Iain Murry (This is the Real Gospel)

If your shy about reading theology then skip #2, but it would well be worth your time in trying to read it!!

These are all very excellent books. For the exception of books #1 & #2 the rest could be in any order.
The Reason for God not only deserves to be read but reread many times. It's just that good!

I have read many excellent books but these are the best of the best!!

Here is a quote by Erasmus:
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes”
:-)

David

1 comment:

Tom Gabbard said...

David, I knew you liked that quote from Erasmus!!